Long Term Care
The long-term care program at Royal Suites is designed to address the physical, emotional, and social needs of the long-term care patient population.
Our goal is for residents to relish each day and all that it brings, and to get the love, respect, and care that they deserve.
We believe that individuals who require long-term care should enjoy a healthy and quality life to the greatest extent possible.
We’ve cared for our own parents too…we understand.
Some program highlights include:
Royal Suites’ long-term care program emphasizes a restorative approach to help each patient maximize function and mobility
Our carefully selected Royal Suites caregivers undergo special sensitivity training, and treat residents with love, compassion, and dignity.
The Royal Suites Social Services team is dedicated to ensuring that every resident thrives socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Royal Suites provides the amenities and creature comforts that seniors appreciate.
The atmosphere at Royal Suites is cheerful and upbeat, giving residents a great environment to truly relish and appreciate life.
Residents choose the activities and the meal options that they prefer, fostering independence, self-sufficiency, and overall health and well-being.
Memory Impaired Care
For individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other cognitive disorders, Royal Suites provides care that is specifically designed to address this population’s needs.
Our staff members are especially sensitive to the physical, emotional, and psycho-social needs of these residents; they are treated with an extra measure of dignity, and every effort is made to ensure that they are as comfortable and familiar as possible.
- SECURE UNIT - For the safety and well-being of cognitively impaired residents, Royal Suites offers a separate secure unit. The wide corridors are homelike and easy to navigate, creating an environment with a sense of familiarity and security.
- CAREGIVERS - The Alzheimer’s unit caregivers are specially trained to care for memory impaired residents. With their extra sensitivity and understanding of the condition and its impact, our caregivers treat each resident with dignity and love.
- PROGRAMMING - The cognitively impaired care program helps patients maximize their cognitive function. Likewise, the activities program is designed to foster social interaction and an appreciation of life.
- SNOEZELEN ROOM - For those in advanced stages, Royal Suites’ Snoezelen room offers innovative sensory therapies, including audiovisual stimuli, with soothing, pastoral scenes, as well as aromatherapy.
In addition to our regular long term care program, Royal Suites also offers:
- Respite care, allowing family members a short break or even a well-deserved vacation
- Hospice care, administered by specially trained caregivers